!!!Auto Save feature missing in 3.1.6???

Okay, I think I am missing a really important feature in Hog 3.1.6. after upgrade on my iPC. I went into setup>shows, and all I have is Backup….Where is the auto save / auto backup feature? Is it somewhere else?

I hate to think this was removed….
Parents
  • [QUOTE=SarahK;48334]....I lost all three hours of work....

I understand your frustration here....it would really suck to lose that much work all at once to be sure.

But, as a Programmer it is part of your gig to protect your show file. Never rely on any console to do it for you. The first question a Designer is going to ask you in the event of a problem is "When did you last back-up the show?"

This is why it is a good policy to backup regularly no matter what console you are using. Personally I shoot for every 30 minutes and do backups to at least 2 pieces of external media in addition to the console's HDD.

This way if something drastic happens to your console (including catastrophic physical damage) you still have a copy from at the most 30 minutes ago.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=SarahK;48334]....I lost all three hours of work....

I understand your frustration here....it would really suck to lose that much work all at once to be sure.

But, as a Programmer it is part of your gig to protect your show file. Never rely on any console to do it for you. The first question a Designer is going to ask you in the event of a problem is "When did you last back-up the show?"

This is why it is a good policy to backup regularly no matter what console you are using. Personally I shoot for every 30 minutes and do backups to at least 2 pieces of external media in addition to the console's HDD.

This way if something drastic happens to your console (including catastrophic physical damage) you still have a copy from at the most 30 minutes ago.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related