Merge range of cues oddity

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but when I merge info in the programmer into a range of cues that has gaps, extra filler cues are generated, which is something I don't remember happening before.
For example, I have some fixtures in blue at position 1 in cue 1, then move them in cue 9 to position 2 with no other cue in between.
If I change the color to red in the programmer, then record merge 1-9, then cues 2-8 are automatically generated with only the red color parameter in them.
I don't see the reason for the extra cues, I figured the operation would just force update cues 1 and 9 only.
Parents
  • Thank for the clarification, Brad. I am curious as to the logic behind why it creates extra cues that are not originally recorded. I can't for the life of me see any useful purpose of the extra cues during a merge operation. This became a problem when I had a cuelist with non-contiguous cue numbers that I needed to force a fixture into. An example of the numbering:

Merging a fixture into cues 10>19 created cues 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18
    I can understand this when using Record, but using Merge on its own should be a fast method to force edits to a range of cues in place, not add extra cues.
  • Thank for the clarification, Brad. I am curious as to the logic behind why it creates extra cues that are not originally recorded. I can't for the life of me see any useful purpose of the extra cues during a merge operation. This became a problem when I had a cuelist with non-contiguous cue numbers that I needed to force a fixture into. An example of the numbering:

Merging a fixture into cues 10>19 created cues 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18
    I can understand this when using Record, but using Merge on its own should be a fast method to force edits to a range of cues in place, not add extra cues.
Children
No Data
Related