(2773) Bug Report: Extreme Lag in Cue Playback

Name: Phil Gilbert
Date: 6/14/10
Software Version and build number: V3.1.6 (Build 2773)
Number of displays:
Connected USB Devices: (2) Touch Screens
Networked Devices: (2) Hog 3 / (6) DP2000
Detailed description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used:

(I've e-mailed this show file to Brad.)

Cuelist 8 is the main show. As we play back cues, there is anywhere from a 1-2 second delay from when we hit GO to when a cue fires and then there is a very jerky start to the cue. This seems to be more pronounced the farther we are in to the cuelist. (You will see that we have updated the paths of most of these cues to 'Speed Up' to try to alleviate some of this. Please look at the same cues with default paths as well.)

The Hogs and DPs are set up on the same port with all different user numbers. All devices are on the same network. The show is patched with each universe cloned to its 'B' device. i.e. DP-A1 is cloned to DP-B1.

Please let me know what other information you need.

PG
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Cmy.dk;48149]Could you please explain to mé what the differents is between the to dp 2-8s. ? What dó I get when buying a dp8000 and Will it be nessarry to keep up with new desk features?

In a nutshell:
    DP-2000 - 4 universes only, no full ArtNet or ACN support - historically has problems when loaded up fully due to lack pf processing power - 100 mbps ethernet port

DP-8000 - 16 universes, full ArtNet as well as ACN functionality, has no performance issues even when fully loaded up - 1000 mbps ethernet ports

Since the DP-2000 has been discontinued for nearly 2 years now, I would expect that at some point there will be a move to exclude DP-2000 from new software builds....who knows if that will be next month or 5 years from now.

Personally I have considered all of my DP-2000s to be at "end of life" and replaced them with DP-8000s. I consider the DP-8000 to be the only "acceptable" processor when doing specifications at this point. DP-2000 is obsolete.

DP-8000 makes the desk "feel" like an entirely new console.

You have to decide when the best time is for yourself to upgrade....but if you are looking to the future you will want to do it as soon as you are able.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=Cmy.dk;48149]Could you please explain to mé what the differents is between the to dp 2-8s. ? What dó I get when buying a dp8000 and Will it be nessarry to keep up with new desk features?

In a nutshell:
    DP-2000 - 4 universes only, no full ArtNet or ACN support - historically has problems when loaded up fully due to lack pf processing power - 100 mbps ethernet port

DP-8000 - 16 universes, full ArtNet as well as ACN functionality, has no performance issues even when fully loaded up - 1000 mbps ethernet ports

Since the DP-2000 has been discontinued for nearly 2 years now, I would expect that at some point there will be a move to exclude DP-2000 from new software builds....who knows if that will be next month or 5 years from now.

Personally I have considered all of my DP-2000s to be at "end of life" and replaced them with DP-8000s. I consider the DP-8000 to be the only "acceptable" processor when doing specifications at this point. DP-2000 is obsolete.

DP-8000 makes the desk "feel" like an entirely new console.

You have to decide when the best time is for yourself to upgrade....but if you are looking to the future you will want to do it as soon as you are able.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related