LED Intensity PROBLEMS

Hi, I am doing some youth camps this summer for a non-profit ministry. I am using some obscure fixtures (being non-profit, we don't have top-of-the-line gear), of which I have 10 LED Pars. They are manufactured by a company named CKC, out of China. To control the fixtures, I have a fader that controls the intensity of the fixture, and another fader that controls the color. In order to produce light, the fixture must have an intensity level (1-100), and a color intensity level (Red, Green, Blue, 1-100).

The problem I am experiencing is that when I move up the Intensity fader, the fixture snaps on at full for an instant, then goes to the level I set. The fixtures are also changing intensity when I change colors, then they will snap back to the level of the intensity fader when I move it.

This problem is very frustrating, and I am looking for a solution ASAP. I can provide a manual with DMX Protocol included.

Thanks,

Kyle
Parents
  • You should also place a request for Steve in the libraries section to have a proper profile built for you.

I suspect Eric is correct & that you are experiencing a conflict within your profile regarding intensity. The console thinks of I-RGB parameters as separate intensities apart from any Master intensity. So you are seeing different parameters competing to set the intensity of the fixture.

If you mix your colors with CMY or HSI you should probably not have this problem.

Hope this helps. :)
  • You should also place a request for Steve in the libraries section to have a proper profile built for you.

I suspect Eric is correct & that you are experiencing a conflict within your profile regarding intensity. The console thinks of I-RGB parameters as separate intensities apart from any Master intensity. So you are seeing different parameters competing to set the intensity of the fixture.

If you mix your colors with CMY or HSI you should probably not have this problem.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related