Using a backup desk

I have an upcoming show in which I will be using 2 Wholehog III desks networked with a DP-8000's and 2 DP-2000's.
I need to know how to set up, so I can use one of the desks as a backup in case the main one crashes....

any help would be appreciated...
Parents
  • [QUOTE=titio;48260]all the dp's will be used in tandem....
    my doubt was if I had to go through any settings on the consoles?

or I would just load the same show on both and have them in the same network domain??

Well I wouldn't suggest running DP-2000s in tandem with DP-8000s on the same show.....just the fact that the DP-2000s are on the network can actually degrade the performance of the DP-8000 in my experience.

But if you are stuck with it, you can only log on another client console as stated earlier by Jon
    If you want a true backup situation, then you need full duplicate set of hardware (console, DPs, everything...), DMX A/B switching, and possibly a MIDI cable as well if you want to have the backup track cues.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=titio;48260]all the dp's will be used in tandem....
    my doubt was if I had to go through any settings on the consoles?

or I would just load the same show on both and have them in the same network domain??

Well I wouldn't suggest running DP-2000s in tandem with DP-8000s on the same show.....just the fact that the DP-2000s are on the network can actually degrade the performance of the DP-8000 in my experience.

But if you are stuck with it, you can only log on another client console as stated earlier by Jon
    If you want a true backup situation, then you need full duplicate set of hardware (console, DPs, everything...), DMX A/B switching, and possibly a MIDI cable as well if you want to have the backup track cues.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related