3.1.6 (b2773) Crash today

I just received my Hog 3 back with a replacement motherboard. The last few days, I've noticed it taking longer and longer to connect to the show server upon startup of the console. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 "attempts" before it connects.

This weekend, it was having problems again. It was decided to leave the console on over night to make sure the service could run this morning. At the end of the second service (just playback...not programming), it crashed. Attached is the stack.

Hopefully the stack will help sort it out...
Parents
  • Eric,

This is a permanent system (of 8 years). And, as long as I'm connected as a CLIENT, I have 0 TX errors. It's only when I try and start the show server from the main console that I get the errors. Currently, I'm still sitting at 0 errors while logged in as a client.

Current path (and it doesn't change from server to client, just settings in the console).

Hog 3 - Ethernet Jack at FOH - Cat6 in conduit - patch panel at FOH rack - 6" Patch cable from Patch panel to switch

Switch is USR 100/1000 Mbps 16-port Smart Switch
    Firmware: 2.00.08-1109
    Currently reading no RX/TX errors.

Swapped console back to show server - will not connect to show server.
    Tried putting in a temporary Cat6 cable directly from Hog 3 to switch (different port). Still will not connect to show sever. It now shows (don't fall over) 437 TX errors out of 5757 TX packets but only on the HOG3! The USR page still shows no TX errors so it's not making it to the switch.

Switch it back to client setup and it reads 0 RX/TX errors again.
    :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

(And, just so you know, this is a BRAND NEW motherboard from HES installed last Thursday by HES repair center)

Brad has my number if you want to call me...
  • Eric,

This is a permanent system (of 8 years). And, as long as I'm connected as a CLIENT, I have 0 TX errors. It's only when I try and start the show server from the main console that I get the errors. Currently, I'm still sitting at 0 errors while logged in as a client.

Current path (and it doesn't change from server to client, just settings in the console).

Hog 3 - Ethernet Jack at FOH - Cat6 in conduit - patch panel at FOH rack - 6" Patch cable from Patch panel to switch

Switch is USR 100/1000 Mbps 16-port Smart Switch
    Firmware: 2.00.08-1109
    Currently reading no RX/TX errors.

Swapped console back to show server - will not connect to show server.
    Tried putting in a temporary Cat6 cable directly from Hog 3 to switch (different port). Still will not connect to show sever. It now shows (don't fall over) 437 TX errors out of 5757 TX packets but only on the HOG3! The USR page still shows no TX errors so it's not making it to the switch.

Switch it back to client setup and it reads 0 RX/TX errors again.
    :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

(And, just so you know, this is a BRAND NEW motherboard from HES installed last Thursday by HES repair center)

Brad has my number if you want to call me...
Children
No Data
Related