HI
IM TRYING TO CONECT HOG 3 PC AND DP 2000

IM USING VISTA 32 BITS AND LATEST VERSION OF HOG 3

I READ ALL THE INTRUCTIONS IN THE MANUAL, BUT THE DP APPEAR
IDLE
I HAVE FIXTURES IN THE PATCH, AND FIREWALL OFF
Parents
  • Other things to check, in "settings" at the opening window,
    make sure the port number on which you're running your show is the same as the port number on your DP. Default is 6600, but sometimes it gets changed.

Another thing, are you using static IP addresses or running the DHCP server?

Also, check your network adapter. If you have a built in wireless card, turn it off before you start up hogPC, the PC will sometimes look for the show network on that adapter, instead of on the network adaptor for the ethernet port. If you are using static IP addresses, you can tell if you're on the right network when you fire up HogPC. For example, without any network connected, i.e., HogPC without any switch/router etc., attached, it will boot up as 127.xxx. etc., instead of whatever your assigned IP address is for the net.

Another thing, if you're using a router with an IP address (not a switch, a few years ago the folks at HES were ADAMANT it was a switch) perhaps the IP address of the router is not on the same range?

As for going directly with crossover cable, have you tried that with any other networking devices (wireless cards, other ethernet devices) disconnected? Check your control panel on the PC for this one.

My recommendation, despite the initial complication to set it up, is all static IP addresses for anything that'll take one. It all sounds very confusing but really, it will come together and then you'll also be able to do other fun things, like run your show off an ipod touch.
  • Other things to check, in "settings" at the opening window,
    make sure the port number on which you're running your show is the same as the port number on your DP. Default is 6600, but sometimes it gets changed.

Another thing, are you using static IP addresses or running the DHCP server?

Also, check your network adapter. If you have a built in wireless card, turn it off before you start up hogPC, the PC will sometimes look for the show network on that adapter, instead of on the network adaptor for the ethernet port. If you are using static IP addresses, you can tell if you're on the right network when you fire up HogPC. For example, without any network connected, i.e., HogPC without any switch/router etc., attached, it will boot up as 127.xxx. etc., instead of whatever your assigned IP address is for the net.

Another thing, if you're using a router with an IP address (not a switch, a few years ago the folks at HES were ADAMANT it was a switch) perhaps the IP address of the router is not on the same range?

As for going directly with crossover cable, have you tried that with any other networking devices (wireless cards, other ethernet devices) disconnected? Check your control panel on the PC for this one.

My recommendation, despite the initial complication to set it up, is all static IP addresses for anything that'll take one. It all sounds very confusing but really, it will come together and then you'll also be able to do other fun things, like run your show off an ipod touch.
Children
No Data
Related