What would you do?

Hey guys and gals,

So in ecense this likely belongs in the misc forum but a wasnt to sure. Recently my tablet pc has died. Because of my warrenty i'm hoping to get a credit for the initial cost to purchase a new one from best buy. Do you think it is worth it to buy an Ipad as an effective replacment, or buying a new laptop? With the mention of a Hog3 App coming out for them.

Things to consider:

I have a netbook to use with snatch and such
I have a desktop for WYG and such

Any thoughts are welcome since i'm torn pretty even on this right now.

Any word on the iphone/ipad/itouch app?

Thanks

Kurtis
Parents
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;49134] from what i've read it can't do multi tasking yet?

You are correct. Nothing that runs the iPhone or iPad OS is capable of multitasking currently.

The advantage of a PC tablet is that you are networked directly in as a client rather than having to go through other routes to move data.

Having said all of that, with the forthcoming FPS App this may cease to be an issue.

Personally I prefer my ruggedized PC tablet for the environments I work in....an iPad would not make it through a day.....just too fragile, but it does cost more than an iPad.

Ultimately you will have to decide what tool is best for you and your work.
    The good news is that you have choices. ;)

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=kurtiswilk;49134] from what i've read it can't do multi tasking yet?

You are correct. Nothing that runs the iPhone or iPad OS is capable of multitasking currently.

The advantage of a PC tablet is that you are networked directly in as a client rather than having to go through other routes to move data.

Having said all of that, with the forthcoming FPS App this may cease to be an issue.

Personally I prefer my ruggedized PC tablet for the environments I work in....an iPad would not make it through a day.....just too fragile, but it does cost more than an iPad.

Ultimately you will have to decide what tool is best for you and your work.
    The good news is that you have choices. ;)

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related