3.1.7 (2826) Show manager/File browser crash

H3
Two external screens
USB keyboard
DP8000

I had quite a total crash today also.
After running the show I was making a backup. I just pressed backup, typed the file name and after pressing enter the console crashed.
Screens went blank, only X pointer left. Console responded to PIG+OPEN+BACKSPACE and all processes showed not responding. I pressed OK on screen (trackball/pointer was not responding). After that I was not able to get processes window back.
Only option was to use main switch and wait the battery die.
After restart I made a new backup which was successful.
The console managed to make a backup file when it crashed, but had no time to check what there was in the file. I overwrote it.

Are you still having this issue? We thought that that was fixed with #13285 in 3.1.6. It came down to a subtle difference in file handling between Linux and Windows.

Are there any more details you can give us about how you cause it to happen? Do you ever connect your console to a shared drive on the network to save shows?
  • [QUOTE=nibor;49544]I have had this problem for a year or more and have informed HE if you call a file the same name as the one before

Are you still having this issue? We thought that that was fixed with #13285 in 3.1.6. It came down to a subtle difference in file handling between Linux and Windows.

Are there any more details you can give us about how you cause it to happen? Do you ever connect your console to a shared drive on the network to save shows?
Children
No Data
Related