Android VS Ipods

Hey

So as most of us have been looking very forward to the ipod/ipad app from hog. my question is are there any plans to release an android app. There are so many android tablets is all price ranges coming onto the market. I can understand the pain it will be with the large variety. but is it even a plan in the works? I personally prefer android over the apple system any day.

Any coments?
Parents
  • Surely everyone here must agree that it is much easier to program for a single type of device, than it is for the multiple versions of android device?

Even the Google has complain about how much their OS has been fragmented by the phone manufacturers.
    Their most recent version "honeycomb" is currently not open source, due to this fragmentation.

And of course, if you look at pure numbers.
    For phones Android is a small amount ahead of iOS, but when you add in iPod touch and iPad, iOS has a huge advantage.

I would argue that it is much more likely that a lighting tech has either a ipad, iphone or ipod touch, than any android device...

But of course, this is just my .02
    But I enjoy my closed, limited, crippled platform. :D

Joshua Wood
  • Surely everyone here must agree that it is much easier to program for a single type of device, than it is for the multiple versions of android device?

Even the Google has complain about how much their OS has been fragmented by the phone manufacturers.
    Their most recent version "honeycomb" is currently not open source, due to this fragmentation.

And of course, if you look at pure numbers.
    For phones Android is a small amount ahead of iOS, but when you add in iPod touch and iPad, iOS has a huge advantage.

I would argue that it is much more likely that a lighting tech has either a ipad, iphone or ipod touch, than any android device...

But of course, this is just my .02
    But I enjoy my closed, limited, crippled platform. :D

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related