Android VS Ipods

Hey

So as most of us have been looking very forward to the ipod/ipad app from hog. my question is are there any plans to release an android app. There are so many android tablets is all price ranges coming onto the market. I can understand the pain it will be with the large variety. but is it even a plan in the works? I personally prefer android over the apple system any day.

Any coments?
Parents
  • Thanks for the well thought out response,

I do have issue with your statement that the ipod touch is just a MP3 player.
    It is the exact same device as a iphone, without the phone.
    It runs the same apps, and with very few limitations (GPS), works the same.
    The ipod touch starts at $229.
    What price do android devices start at?
    Do they have a similar product?

What I am trying to get at is for the purposes of a Hog remote, iphone, Ipod touch, and ipad are all interchangeable.

As for ipad, ipad will run all the iphone/ipod touch apps, either in a "window" in the original resolution, or it will stretch the app to fill the entire screen. Both with no reduction of functionality, or increased programming time.

That being said, if the developer was interested, you could also implement a ipad/iphone universal app, that would have a different screen layout for ipad vs. iphone. This would however result in the increased programming time we were discussing in having multiple platforms.

Joshua Wood
  • Thanks for the well thought out response,

I do have issue with your statement that the ipod touch is just a MP3 player.
    It is the exact same device as a iphone, without the phone.
    It runs the same apps, and with very few limitations (GPS), works the same.
    The ipod touch starts at $229.
    What price do android devices start at?
    Do they have a similar product?

What I am trying to get at is for the purposes of a Hog remote, iphone, Ipod touch, and ipad are all interchangeable.

As for ipad, ipad will run all the iphone/ipod touch apps, either in a "window" in the original resolution, or it will stretch the app to fill the entire screen. Both with no reduction of functionality, or increased programming time.

That being said, if the developer was interested, you could also implement a ipad/iphone universal app, that would have a different screen layout for ipad vs. iphone. This would however result in the increased programming time we were discussing in having multiple platforms.

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related