Android VS Ipods

Hey

So as most of us have been looking very forward to the ipod/ipad app from hog. my question is are there any plans to release an android app. There are so many android tablets is all price ranges coming onto the market. I can understand the pain it will be with the large variety. but is it even a plan in the works? I personally prefer android over the apple system any day.

Any coments?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;54268]Hey Tim,
    My problem with linux is compatibility.

I need my text documents to be compatible with word. (including macros)
    I need my spreadsheets to be compatible with excel. (including macros)
    My video archives need to be compatible with final cut pro, or avid.
    My audio archives need to be compatible with pro tools.
    I need to be able to run Hog pc.
    This is not every requirement, but a good starting point to my line of thinking for my personal needs for a work computer.

I actually agree with your comments about linux in general, but these are the reasons I am stuck with windows, or osx. (Obviously not OSX for hog)
    Obviously these are my needs only, and many others may be better served by linux than I would be.

And,
    I still would like your response to my points above regarding the ipod touch as a hog remote?

Joshua Wood

Word docs: In my experience, they are
    XCell docs: In my experience, they are
    Video: I can't tell you, I don't use those tools to know. While a proprietary format
    may not be supported, I would be very surprised if a standard format would not
    give full compatibility.
    Audio: If they are 2 track, then via standards, they are. If multitrack, perhaps not,
    since formats are proprietary. I can, however, currently export 20 different formats,
    and have not even been trying to be compatible - other output drivers exist, so
    likely no problem here either . . .
    HogPC: Definitely an issue, which I too run with Wyg in Win. Not a valid reason for
    me to cripple myself with Win all the time though - I only boot Win for this myself.

If your goal is to use "What the Joneses are using" then you may be forced to Win. If your goal is to get work reliably done, as I do then Win is a liability, more often than not . . .

And while the iPod touch may be OK as a Hog remote, I still don't regard it as competitive in the comparison, since the functionality is still just a subset of the typical Android deployment. And no, I don't know of any Android based media player, but I have not looked either. I still run my *one* Apple product - an original iPod. The news ones are too small in capacity for me, and I like the old UI far better!

- Tim
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;54268]Hey Tim,
    My problem with linux is compatibility.

I need my text documents to be compatible with word. (including macros)
    I need my spreadsheets to be compatible with excel. (including macros)
    My video archives need to be compatible with final cut pro, or avid.
    My audio archives need to be compatible with pro tools.
    I need to be able to run Hog pc.
    This is not every requirement, but a good starting point to my line of thinking for my personal needs for a work computer.

I actually agree with your comments about linux in general, but these are the reasons I am stuck with windows, or osx. (Obviously not OSX for hog)
    Obviously these are my needs only, and many others may be better served by linux than I would be.

And,
    I still would like your response to my points above regarding the ipod touch as a hog remote?

Joshua Wood

Word docs: In my experience, they are
    XCell docs: In my experience, they are
    Video: I can't tell you, I don't use those tools to know. While a proprietary format
    may not be supported, I would be very surprised if a standard format would not
    give full compatibility.
    Audio: If they are 2 track, then via standards, they are. If multitrack, perhaps not,
    since formats are proprietary. I can, however, currently export 20 different formats,
    and have not even been trying to be compatible - other output drivers exist, so
    likely no problem here either . . .
    HogPC: Definitely an issue, which I too run with Wyg in Win. Not a valid reason for
    me to cripple myself with Win all the time though - I only boot Win for this myself.

If your goal is to use "What the Joneses are using" then you may be forced to Win. If your goal is to get work reliably done, as I do then Win is a liability, more often than not . . .

And while the iPod touch may be OK as a Hog remote, I still don't regard it as competitive in the comparison, since the functionality is still just a subset of the typical Android deployment. And no, I don't know of any Android based media player, but I have not looked either. I still run my *one* Apple product - an original iPod. The news ones are too small in capacity for me, and I like the old UI far better!

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related