3.1.6 (2773) Playback slow to respond

Hey Guys,

I know I don't have the newest, but I have been running into an issue with this version. I have 2 RHFB's and one laptop all running off the first RHFB's show and a DP8k with 4 universes (3 hard lines, 1 artnet).

I have been having issues where the playback of lists becomes extremely slow or unresponsive. This applies to the faders play/pause, main play/pause/skip buttons. I have my main cuelist with 21 cues in it. Randomly, it will go into this weird thing where when I hit any play button or skip fwd/back, the actual output will not change, nor the status of the cuelist. But the play button will do the green/red LED cycle just as if it would when a cue plays. After I hit the buttons 4 or so times, it will finally play the cue. But it plays the cue that is x times ahead of the current one which is the count that I had to hit the play or skip fwd button to get it to activate. This also happens on the slave consoles. I have also had this happen on 3.1.5. I haven't been able to put my finger on any kind of a common thing to make it happen. But its happening and shouldn't be.

Thanks,
Ryan
Parents
  • The Full Boar I had, I took out all the artnet, and set all addressing to static for both fixture and hognet. I didn't realize that the internal can be removed! Thats awesome.. I will try this. I am sure on larger shows this will help the board out a little more.

Have you tried using a remote computer over wifi and playing lists with that? This situation seemed to have the most issues. But it would also cause both consoles to do this as well and they both are wired together with gigabit.

Another random note, the ethernet switch I had was the green technology one with the smart ethernet. Do you think this could have caused anything as well? I have heard of those causing weird things..
  • The Full Boar I had, I took out all the artnet, and set all addressing to static for both fixture and hognet. I didn't realize that the internal can be removed! Thats awesome.. I will try this. I am sure on larger shows this will help the board out a little more.

Have you tried using a remote computer over wifi and playing lists with that? This situation seemed to have the most issues. But it would also cause both consoles to do this as well and they both are wired together with gigabit.

Another random note, the ethernet switch I had was the green technology one with the smart ethernet. Do you think this could have caused anything as well? I have heard of those causing weird things..
Children
No Data
Related