Midi "Notes off"

At first sorry for my bad english

Midi notes implemantation is really interesting for live concert ( one shot) , and let me having many shorcuts to Play Cue, etc....

So when a "Go cue list" is setted, the "note on" Go the cue, but the "note off" ( when you release the keyboard key) Go the next cue...............

It's really interesting, for example to configure a key as a flash ( options : no fader & add release and cue ).......

But not so interesting to go a cuelist......i have to record an empty cue ( played by the release of the key) between all cues

So ,i hope you have understood my problem........

Best regards

Sebastien JAUME
Parents
  • i was going a bit deeper in to this problem, and found out that the hog is only listening to the first two bits of the three bits command (all in hex).
    For example in midiox: note on is 90 04 64 and the hog reads the 90 as note on, and the 04 as the specified note and is denying the third bit.
    Again with midiox the note off command is 80 04 40, and the hog doesnot respond (and behaves like it should be) and is not listening to this command.

But with for example automap or any keyboard, the note on command is less or more the same, but the note off command is: 90 04 00, in this the third bit makes this command a note off command, while the hog still listens again to the first two bits, which is saying: note on! (and the hog is now doing something, while the operater thinks it wouldn't do this!)
    Here is the difficulty in the midi-standard; i really would like to see that the hog is listening to both note off sentences.

with regards,
    san
  • i was going a bit deeper in to this problem, and found out that the hog is only listening to the first two bits of the three bits command (all in hex).
    For example in midiox: note on is 90 04 64 and the hog reads the 90 as note on, and the 04 as the specified note and is denying the third bit.
    Again with midiox the note off command is 80 04 40, and the hog doesnot respond (and behaves like it should be) and is not listening to this command.

But with for example automap or any keyboard, the note on command is less or more the same, but the note off command is: 90 04 00, in this the third bit makes this command a note off command, while the hog still listens again to the first two bits, which is saying: note on! (and the hog is now doing something, while the operater thinks it wouldn't do this!)
    Here is the difficulty in the midi-standard; i really would like to see that the hog is listening to both note off sentences.

with regards,
    san
Children
No Data
Related