Kernel Panic

Today I was copying a cue or just going to cue I copied...not quite sure.

Playback was frozen suddenly and I noticed the yellow mark in right corner. I went to DP and it had kernel panic error...I was going to take a pic, but it started booting and I think, it loaded and installed firmware again. The whole thing took about 2-3min and after that the DP was up and running again.

I'm just wondering what can cause this...will it happen again?
Parents
  • I will send my show tomorrow, when I'm back to work.

Our DP is installed in a theater and has almost always power on (UPS). Sometimes we switch it off (during holidays longer than 2 days). So, it is usually on Mon-Sun 24h per day.

The DP has worked almost perfectly, but three times I have catched it booting itself.
    The first time it was doing it before I started the console, second time right after show load (It might had an error, but I didn't catch that, just saw it booting)
    Also, once it has had assert failed error -> boot.
    The kernel panic which is the latest "glitch" is the only one which has happened during programming/playback.
    We are running and rehearsing shows from 10am-10pm Mon->Sat
    Two shows are running and we are rehearsing one. All of them are based on the same file (I think Chris has some versions of the running ones already and also the "original")
    I will send the one we are rehearsing/programming right now.
  • I will send my show tomorrow, when I'm back to work.

Our DP is installed in a theater and has almost always power on (UPS). Sometimes we switch it off (during holidays longer than 2 days). So, it is usually on Mon-Sun 24h per day.

The DP has worked almost perfectly, but three times I have catched it booting itself.
    The first time it was doing it before I started the console, second time right after show load (It might had an error, but I didn't catch that, just saw it booting)
    Also, once it has had assert failed error -> boot.
    The kernel panic which is the latest "glitch" is the only one which has happened during programming/playback.
    We are running and rehearsing shows from 10am-10pm Mon->Sat
    Two shows are running and we are rehearsing one. All of them are based on the same file (I think Chris has some versions of the running ones already and also the "original")
    I will send the one we are rehearsing/programming right now.
Children
No Data
Related