Kernel Panic

Today I was copying a cue or just going to cue I copied...not quite sure.

Playback was frozen suddenly and I noticed the yellow mark in right corner. I went to DP and it had kernel panic error...I was going to take a pic, but it started booting and I think, it loaded and installed firmware again. The whole thing took about 2-3min and after that the DP was up and running again.

I'm just wondering what can cause this...will it happen again?
Parents
  • Well, we've had the DP8K for 2 years now I think...and MAYBE it's happened 3 times in that two year period (unsure because I never caught it before this last one). I'm not sure if there IS a reliable way to reproduce it...

To err on the side of safety, I will implement a reboot of the DP with the console into the startup. (As long as they can remember to do it).

That being said, our Sunday schedule wouldn't change (up at 7am and finally down at 9pm). That shouldn't be that big of a deal since we would have rebooted at 7am, correct (in theory of course)?
  • Well, we've had the DP8K for 2 years now I think...and MAYBE it's happened 3 times in that two year period (unsure because I never caught it before this last one). I'm not sure if there IS a reliable way to reproduce it...

To err on the side of safety, I will implement a reboot of the DP with the console into the startup. (As long as they can remember to do it).

That being said, our Sunday schedule wouldn't change (up at 7am and finally down at 9pm). That shouldn't be that big of a deal since we would have rebooted at 7am, correct (in theory of course)?
Children
No Data
Related