flickering problem with 20k dimmer

I have 8 20k dimmers and one is flickering very badly. I made sure the line was terminated and also tried it's own line off the opti. After reading some here I also added a dummy fixture patched into address 512 then even soft reset the DP2000. Does anyone have any suggestions? by the way, I also did swap the dimmer with one that was working fine on another light and got the same problem.
Parents
  • Yeah, their bad too. I've had issues with older model 20K dimmers flickering like you say. It's basically the old chip set in the dimmer not up to par with the newer data from the Hog. I've had conversations with Strand about this. Not much came out of it. So what I do now is run the DMX from the DP thru a DMX converter(or conditioner), like the Pathway DMX Ultimate Converter. It's real purpose is to convert old data to DMX512, but this works too...and it complete eliminates any flickering.
    DMX testers will work too. I have a Gizmo, and if I run the data thru the Gizmo, it does the same thing.
  • Yeah, their bad too. I've had issues with older model 20K dimmers flickering like you say. It's basically the old chip set in the dimmer not up to par with the newer data from the Hog. I've had conversations with Strand about this. Not much came out of it. So what I do now is run the DMX from the DP thru a DMX converter(or conditioner), like the Pathway DMX Ultimate Converter. It's real purpose is to convert old data to DMX512, but this works too...and it complete eliminates any flickering.
    DMX testers will work too. I have a Gizmo, and if I run the data thru the Gizmo, it does the same thing.
Children
No Data
Related