3.1.7: Client showing wrong real-time clock triggers

10-14-10
(server) Hog3 PC, 3.1.7, Windows XP, static IP
(client) Hog 3 full console, static IP
(1) x DP2000, static IP

While trying to program real-time clock triggers from the client console, I found that the server PC was showing different, almost random, times. I would then edit the trigger on the server console, only to have the client console show different times. I confirmed that both client and server were set to the same time.

-Bob Brigham
Parents
  • I think I have gotten to the bottom of this and it's a little bug we need to look at. The Linux Hog3 Console is keying it's time off of GMT time and the PC is keying off of it's local time zone. If your PC is set to Pacific Time this would shift your displayed trigger time off by 8 hours on the PC. As an experiment try setting your PC to GMT time and then readjusting and matching the clocks on both systems. I think this will resolve the issue.
  • I think I have gotten to the bottom of this and it's a little bug we need to look at. The Linux Hog3 Console is keying it's time off of GMT time and the PC is keying off of it's local time zone. If your PC is set to Pacific Time this would shift your displayed trigger time off by 8 hours on the PC. As an experiment try setting your PC to GMT time and then readjusting and matching the clocks on both systems. I think this will resolve the issue.
Children
No Data
Related