dp8k artnet prob

Hi All
just moved from a RHFB to a hog3 + dp8k today swapped all the settings for the artnet to drive my graphics computer and all of a sudden my mac wouldnt see the artnet ?
plugged in my elc box with same add and it read fine
do i need a croosover cable for the artnet port ??
Ive had no probs all year `apart from the 2 times using the dp8k
thanks in advance
mikey
Parents
  • The DP8000 (and RHFB) will auto-crossover, but depending on what you're connecting to, auto-crossover isn't 100 percent reliable. If you have a proper crossover cable you can try that, it may help.

Other than that, you'll need to experiment with your network settings. Make sure the fixture link settings are the same between the DP8000 and the RHFB. If you're using a DHCP server, make sure you're getting a valid IP on the Mac. Check the Mac's network settings.

You can also try Unicasting the Art-Net if you're still having problems.
  • The DP8000 (and RHFB) will auto-crossover, but depending on what you're connecting to, auto-crossover isn't 100 percent reliable. If you have a proper crossover cable you can try that, it may help.

Other than that, you'll need to experiment with your network settings. Make sure the fixture link settings are the same between the DP8000 and the RHFB. If you're using a DHCP server, make sure you're getting a valid IP on the Mac. Check the Mac's network settings.

You can also try Unicasting the Art-Net if you're still having problems.
Children
No Data
Related