dp8k artnet prob

Hi All
just moved from a RHFB to a hog3 + dp8k today swapped all the settings for the artnet to drive my graphics computer and all of a sudden my mac wouldnt see the artnet ?
plugged in my elc box with same add and it read fine
do i need a croosover cable for the artnet port ??
Ive had no probs all year `apart from the 2 times using the dp8k
thanks in advance
mikey
Parents
  • [QUOTE=mikeyray;50707]Ive been using the RHFB all year with the same system and cables etc

There are some subtle differences between the network implementations on the DP8000 and the RHFB. They'll both work fine on a properly configured network, but there are some network mis-configurations where one will work but not the other. That's why I mentioned the DHCP server. Some of the consumer-focused DHCP servers only work with Windows.

You can use the front panel of the DP8000 to see what IP address it it using on the Fixture interface. That may give you some ideas. Also, you can try running wireshark or some other network monitor on the Mac to see what's going on the network
  • [QUOTE=mikeyray;50707]Ive been using the RHFB all year with the same system and cables etc

There are some subtle differences between the network implementations on the DP8000 and the RHFB. They'll both work fine on a properly configured network, but there are some network mis-configurations where one will work but not the other. That's why I mentioned the DHCP server. Some of the consumer-focused DHCP servers only work with Windows.

You can use the front panel of the DP8000 to see what IP address it it using on the Fixture interface. That may give you some ideas. Also, you can try running wireshark or some other network monitor on the Mac to see what's going on the network
Children
No Data
Related