MSC & Road Hog

i've been trying to use the M-audio Uno for MSC on the road hog. sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. it is supposed to be hot swap, but i have to restart the console a bunch of times before it works (if it does). is anyone successfully using midi on the road hog? any info is appreciated. i bought an expensive show control program, and spent lots of hours programming it, and can rarely use it. totally bugging me. thanks.
Parents
  • Was the above ever resolved?

I have a problem with MSC out of a Road Hog through a M-Audio Uno.
    Hog3 software version 3.2.1.

At first everything works but after some time (1-2 hours) it just stops working without any obvious cause. Everything is still connected and the Hog is just running cues on a single cue list. But no more MIDI output is generated. (The receiving application (QLab2) doesn't respond and the MIDI OUT led on the Uno doesn't flash anymore. However the slow blinking status LED on the Uno is still slowly blinking.) When I disconnect the M-Audio at this point I get a BSOD an the Hog totally chrashes.

I had a similar problem in 2010 with 3.1.4. with a Uno that every once in a while suddenly stopped working. However that was sending plain MIDI strings - and with totally different hardware (another Road Hog, another Uno from different suppliers).

Does anyone have experiences like this or quite the contrary when working with Road Hog / M-Audio Uno?

Kind regards,
    Jorg
  • Was the above ever resolved?

I have a problem with MSC out of a Road Hog through a M-Audio Uno.
    Hog3 software version 3.2.1.

At first everything works but after some time (1-2 hours) it just stops working without any obvious cause. Everything is still connected and the Hog is just running cues on a single cue list. But no more MIDI output is generated. (The receiving application (QLab2) doesn't respond and the MIDI OUT led on the Uno doesn't flash anymore. However the slow blinking status LED on the Uno is still slowly blinking.) When I disconnect the M-Audio at this point I get a BSOD an the Hog totally chrashes.

I had a similar problem in 2010 with 3.1.4. with a Uno that every once in a while suddenly stopped working. However that was sending plain MIDI strings - and with totally different hardware (another Road Hog, another Uno from different suppliers).

Does anyone have experiences like this or quite the contrary when working with Road Hog / M-Audio Uno?

Kind regards,
    Jorg
Children
No Data
Related