MSC & Road Hog

i've been trying to use the M-audio Uno for MSC on the road hog. sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. it is supposed to be hot swap, but i have to restart the console a bunch of times before it works (if it does). is anyone successfully using midi on the road hog? any info is appreciated. i bought an expensive show control program, and spent lots of hours programming it, and can rarely use it. totally bugging me. thanks.
Parents
  • Hi all,

Just bringing this topic back up- since the problem was never resolved.
    (The solution was not using MIDI on the RH, but that's a bit crude.)

Now a new production is coming up that will need a form of MIDI communication between a Road Hog and a computer running Ableton Live. I am wondering if there is any news regarding the stability of MIDI on the Road Hog?

I see the problems described by Abbe, Hans and myself, but no mention of any of them actually solved.

Is anybody succesfully (and more important: repeatedly) using MIDI and/org MSC on the Road Hog (plain vanilla) with the Midisport UNO? If so it would be nice to hear some things about it. Unfortunately a Full Boar is not an option due to availability, so now a certain dull Grey german console is under consideration because of the RH MIDI issues- a solution which I would like to avoid.

kind regards,
    Jorg
  • Hi all,

Just bringing this topic back up- since the problem was never resolved.
    (The solution was not using MIDI on the RH, but that's a bit crude.)

Now a new production is coming up that will need a form of MIDI communication between a Road Hog and a computer running Ableton Live. I am wondering if there is any news regarding the stability of MIDI on the Road Hog?

I see the problems described by Abbe, Hans and myself, but no mention of any of them actually solved.

Is anybody succesfully (and more important: repeatedly) using MIDI and/org MSC on the Road Hog (plain vanilla) with the Midisport UNO? If so it would be nice to hear some things about it. Unfortunately a Full Boar is not an option due to availability, so now a certain dull Grey german console is under consideration because of the RH MIDI issues- a solution which I would like to avoid.

kind regards,
    Jorg
Children
No Data
Related