Recording a Cue only cue in Tracking mode

To the best of my understanding if you are in tracking mode and you want to record a 'cue-only' cue you deselect forward. My question is how do you record a blank cue after that. Example, Cue 1 I have stage wash up, and cue 2 I record 'cue only' for a video look. On strand boards I would record a blank cue after that and it would transition out all my cue 2 changes.
I would like to be able to do this so that 10 video rolls into rehearsal I notice that SR is a little darker than the rest of the stage, so I record SR a little brighter and track back. If I have a blank cue after each video it would track all the way back to where it was recorded. However, if I have to set levels in each restore cue then I'd have to go back and fix that dark spot in every cue.
Parents
  • Maybe thinking a bit what a "blank" cue in a tracking world means can help.

Like we know if nothing is recorded the cue contains only tracked values from previous cue.
    In a non tracking preset console when nothing is recorded fixtures are in their default state. So, a blank cue in a tracking console is a cue where fixtures are recorded in their default values.
    To make fixtures go to default values you can use . + Fixture

If blocking/hard values are a problem you can use unblock. Unblock can filtered by fixture and mask. You dont have to unblock the whole cue. Also, unblock can be used for several cues (if I remember right). Just try and experiment with the command line.

Unblock can be done also using record/merge + remove, but you must be careful cause remove can delete also recorded values.

With Hog3 it is also possible to merge to range of cues using forward off and then use unblock to that same cue range.
    That way you have values recorded only to certain range and there's no hard values.
  • Maybe thinking a bit what a "blank" cue in a tracking world means can help.

Like we know if nothing is recorded the cue contains only tracked values from previous cue.
    In a non tracking preset console when nothing is recorded fixtures are in their default state. So, a blank cue in a tracking console is a cue where fixtures are recorded in their default values.
    To make fixtures go to default values you can use . + Fixture

If blocking/hard values are a problem you can use unblock. Unblock can filtered by fixture and mask. You dont have to unblock the whole cue. Also, unblock can be used for several cues (if I remember right). Just try and experiment with the command line.

Unblock can be done also using record/merge + remove, but you must be careful cause remove can delete also recorded values.

With Hog3 it is also possible to merge to range of cues using forward off and then use unblock to that same cue range.
    That way you have values recorded only to certain range and there's no hard values.
Children
No Data
Related