New to Timecode

I have some free time coming up and I was wanting to play around with syncing a cuelist with some kind of timecode. I've read through the manual and I gather that there are many different types of timecode out there. I have a Road-Hog Full Boar so I think my options are SMPTE and Midi but not directly from a cd track (like on the original Hog 3). I am attempting to sync to an audio track but I don't know what I need to be able to get the hog to trigger off the audio track. What I'm wondering is what devices typically generate timecode and how do I tie that in with my audio playback. Thanks in advance for your help with this and I look forward to hearing what the experts have to say.
:hogsign:
Parents
  • You can purchase a SMPTE LTC generator, which is a physical piece of hardware if you want, it may be a bit costly. Look here for some examples: www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Time-Code-Generators-Readers/ci/6940/N/4264951405

Recently some people developed a couple different iPhone/iTouch apps that can generate SMPTE timecode. They work pretty good and they are pretty cheap in comparison. They aren't guaranteed to be perfect, but are great for little one offs, and short clips.
  • You can purchase a SMPTE LTC generator, which is a physical piece of hardware if you want, it may be a bit costly. Look here for some examples: www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Time-Code-Generators-Readers/ci/6940/N/4264951405

Recently some people developed a couple different iPhone/iTouch apps that can generate SMPTE timecode. They work pretty good and they are pretty cheap in comparison. They aren't guaranteed to be perfect, but are great for little one offs, and short clips.
Children
No Data
Related