Releasable Pan/Tilt

I'm curious if there are any advantages or disadvantages to disabling releasable on the Pan and Tilt parameters? It seems like it works a bit like a Virt.
I was thinking about trying it out for a while. Just wanted get thoughts from others.
Parents
  • I use this all the time. Especially for DL units.

The advantage I like for concerts is that anytime you change pages the units aren't trying to go to default positions before/during the firing of the first cue on the new page. It just looks smoother when they go from their last position to the new one.

It is easy enough to get back to "default" using the period key (ie - hold down "." and touch Position)

Personally the things I always make "non-releasable" are:
    - Pan/Tilt for all fixtures
    - Zoom/Focus for all fixtures
    - Color Scrollers

Occasionally I'll even put CMY/Colour as well so that there is always a color engaged (never unintentionally white).

Hope this helps. :)
  • I use this all the time. Especially for DL units.

The advantage I like for concerts is that anytime you change pages the units aren't trying to go to default positions before/during the firing of the first cue on the new page. It just looks smoother when they go from their last position to the new one.

It is easy enough to get back to "default" using the period key (ie - hold down "." and touch Position)

Personally the things I always make "non-releasable" are:
    - Pan/Tilt for all fixtures
    - Zoom/Focus for all fixtures
    - Color Scrollers

Occasionally I'll even put CMY/Colour as well so that there is always a color engaged (never unintentionally white).

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related