Releasable Pan/Tilt

I'm curious if there are any advantages or disadvantages to disabling releasable on the Pan and Tilt parameters? It seems like it works a bit like a Virt.
I was thinking about trying it out for a while. Just wanted get thoughts from others.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=z6p6tist6;51224]It will feel a bit like a Virt (for fixtures that are in an 'Out' or 'Zero' state). You just need to be very cautious if you're programming out of order, as (unlike a virt) you can get in to a situation where you think you've programmed the appropriate information in to a cue or scene, but it's really held over from the last thing that you played back.

PG

Personally I find it always useful to Record using "State" when programming out of order in this manner....then go back and "Unblock" later so values can track through.

Should keep you from hitting any pitfalls that way regardless of if fixtures have "Releasable" parameters or not.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=z6p6tist6;51224]It will feel a bit like a Virt (for fixtures that are in an 'Out' or 'Zero' state). You just need to be very cautious if you're programming out of order, as (unlike a virt) you can get in to a situation where you think you've programmed the appropriate information in to a cue or scene, but it's really held over from the last thing that you played back.

PG

Personally I find it always useful to Record using "State" when programming out of order in this manner....then go back and "Unblock" later so values can track through.

Should keep you from hitting any pitfalls that way regardless of if fixtures have "Releasable" parameters or not.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related