DP8K Lock up - 3.1.7

This has started happening more and more over the last few weeks.

Last weekend, the DP8K locked up during our event (the DP runs 24/7 but the console shuts down each night). The DP has a reset node as part of the startup macro and today I did a hard reboot of the DP before the event.

At noon (PST), I did the hard reboot of the system with the startup of the console. Tonight at 4:50pm, the DP locked up again and sent all fixtures to 0/0 (instead of 50/50). Only a single cue was being played (no other masters, lists or scenes running). This time, however, I was able to get a screen shot of the DP8K and hopefully it can deduce what happened.

Any ideas????

System:
Hog 3 Full Size
Hog 3 Expansion Wing
1 DP2K (on Artnet network...not Hog Network)
1 DP8K
1 Keyboard
1 Mouse

All other networking is separated into it's own system for artnet distribution.
[ATTACH]1976[/ATTACH]
Parents
  • Hey Jon,

Since your first report we have be testing our DP8Ks like mad with external VGA monitors hooked up to the DP8Ks (to watch node activity) on which we have put video cameras overnight trying to catch this reset issue which is in turn followed by a possible kernel panic if the art-net link has network traffic on it. So far, we've got lots of lovely video of the DP8K just running as normal overnight. I am determined to make this happen and get it recorded so our developers can start to debug.

Now, the fact that you are turning off the console each night is of interest and is now going to be added to the test scenario.

Is there a DHCP server on your art-net network or are the addresses set custom?
  • Hey Jon,

Since your first report we have be testing our DP8Ks like mad with external VGA monitors hooked up to the DP8Ks (to watch node activity) on which we have put video cameras overnight trying to catch this reset issue which is in turn followed by a possible kernel panic if the art-net link has network traffic on it. So far, we've got lots of lovely video of the DP8K just running as normal overnight. I am determined to make this happen and get it recorded so our developers can start to debug.

Now, the fact that you are turning off the console each night is of interest and is now going to be added to the test scenario.

Is there a DHCP server on your art-net network or are the addresses set custom?
Children
No Data
Related