Wholehog III & Superwidget via DP-8000?

Just had someone tell me that you can hook a superwidget to a Wholehog III if there is a DP-8000 connected. Can someone please verify that?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates
Parents
  • To expand on what Chris said, you can connect the following devices to the USB ports on the back of a DP8000

-Single Universe Widget
    -Super Widget (4 universes)
    -DP8000 Expander (8 universes)

In the DP8000 configuration window, you can setup each DMX port on the widget to output any of the 16 universes that are available from the DP8000. In most cases you'll setup a Super Widget to be universes 9-12. You can even set the widget up to duplicate the 8 built-in DMX outputs (I jokingly refer to this as "The world's most expensive opto-splitter").

Technically you can attach as many widgets/expanders as you want, and map them to the 16 universes.
  • To expand on what Chris said, you can connect the following devices to the USB ports on the back of a DP8000

-Single Universe Widget
    -Super Widget (4 universes)
    -DP8000 Expander (8 universes)

In the DP8000 configuration window, you can setup each DMX port on the widget to output any of the 16 universes that are available from the DP8000. In most cases you'll setup a Super Widget to be universes 9-12. You can even set the widget up to duplicate the 8 built-in DMX outputs (I jokingly refer to this as "The world's most expensive opto-splitter").

Technically you can attach as many widgets/expanders as you want, and map them to the 16 universes.
Children
No Data
Related