IO Gear usb to VGA problem

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a Road Hog. I have a build in usb to VGA device from IO gear. It does not send the picture to the external monitor.

If i look in Control Panel>Diagnostics>view usb devices it shows 2 devices; Road Hog Front panel and The super widget. I think this is the io gear unit??

I have also tried to restart the console with the VGA connector in or out the console and enable/disable the external monitor.

Who can help me??
Parents
  • Ok. Now I have the trick. This is really strange,

- When I put the USB-VGA device in my Macbook it works
    - Then I put the USB-VGA device in the Hog with resolution set on lowest and then it works!
    - Then I disable the external monitor to test if it works finally
    - When I enable the external monitor again it does not work anymore.

So it looks like I give the device a kind of 'boost' with my Macbook and then it works on the Hog. Strange situation. I think the IOgear is malfunctioning...

Also strange: I cannot do a full restore! It is not in the option list. Only 'Partial' and 'make a bootable disk'.
  • Ok. Now I have the trick. This is really strange,

- When I put the USB-VGA device in my Macbook it works
    - Then I put the USB-VGA device in the Hog with resolution set on lowest and then it works!
    - Then I disable the external monitor to test if it works finally
    - When I enable the external monitor again it does not work anymore.

So it looks like I give the device a kind of 'boost' with my Macbook and then it works on the Hog. Strange situation. I think the IOgear is malfunctioning...

Also strange: I cannot do a full restore! It is not in the option list. Only 'Partial' and 'make a bootable disk'.
Children
No Data
Related