CMY flag chase

Hi folks,

Might be a silly question but here goes:

Got a techno show coming up, for which I'm trying to write a chase that will flag one fixture at a time into white, then on the next step release it back to whatever colour it was previously.

In other words:

Before the chase starts, all fixtures are in red.

Step 1: Fixture 1 flags to white, all other fixtures stay red
Step 2: Fixture 1 returns to red, Fixture 2 flags to white, all other fixtures stay red
Step 2: Fixture 2 returns to red, Fixture 3 flags to white, all other fixtures stay red

...and so on.

This is easy enough to do if I only ever need the base to be one colour, but I haven't been able to get my head around how to have it snap to white and then 'release' the white on the next step of the cue.

Is there something simple I've overlooked?

Thanks, and happy new year!
- GRAHAM
Parents
  • Chris nailed it...

If list 1 is your main list with various looks, you want to build a list 2 (or any other number) with cues set up as he listed previously. The lists should have their default settings with the following exceptions:

List 1:
    Turn on 'Persist on Override'

List 2:
    Turn on 'Cue Only'
    Turn on 'Is a Chase' if you want it to automatically chase

Both Lists should probably have the same priority.

In list 2, the only information in each cue should be color information for the fixtures that you want to be white.

For example:

Cue 1 - Fixture 1 White (no other fixture information in the cue)
    Cue 2 - Fixture 2 White (no...)
    Etc.

When a cue is playing in List 1 and you fire List 2, the first cue in List 2 will take over the color for fixture 1 because the lists have the same priority and the Latest (LTP) color will take priority. Fixture 1 should be white. Fixture 1 will turn white using the cue time of List 2/Cue 1.

When List 2 fires again, Cue 2 will fire, turning fixture 2 white in cue time. Because there is not fixture information for fixture 1 in cue 2 (and because List 2 is set to 'Cue Only'), the color information for fixture 1 will not track and will therefore be released. Because List 1 is set to Persist on Override, List 1 will take over the released values and return them to their previous state (whatever they should be at in List 1). The color information will be released based on the Release Time set in List 2.

I hope that gives you a little better feel for how that works. You can play with Priority Levels and various other cue list options to change the way this behaves. If this chase is supposed to be fired with a specific cue or cues, you might want to try firing the second cue list using a comment macro in a cue on the main cue list.

Good luck and have a great show!

Phil
  • Chris nailed it...

If list 1 is your main list with various looks, you want to build a list 2 (or any other number) with cues set up as he listed previously. The lists should have their default settings with the following exceptions:

List 1:
    Turn on 'Persist on Override'

List 2:
    Turn on 'Cue Only'
    Turn on 'Is a Chase' if you want it to automatically chase

Both Lists should probably have the same priority.

In list 2, the only information in each cue should be color information for the fixtures that you want to be white.

For example:

Cue 1 - Fixture 1 White (no other fixture information in the cue)
    Cue 2 - Fixture 2 White (no...)
    Etc.

When a cue is playing in List 1 and you fire List 2, the first cue in List 2 will take over the color for fixture 1 because the lists have the same priority and the Latest (LTP) color will take priority. Fixture 1 should be white. Fixture 1 will turn white using the cue time of List 2/Cue 1.

When List 2 fires again, Cue 2 will fire, turning fixture 2 white in cue time. Because there is not fixture information for fixture 1 in cue 2 (and because List 2 is set to 'Cue Only'), the color information for fixture 1 will not track and will therefore be released. Because List 1 is set to Persist on Override, List 1 will take over the released values and return them to their previous state (whatever they should be at in List 1). The color information will be released based on the Release Time set in List 2.

I hope that gives you a little better feel for how that works. You can play with Priority Levels and various other cue list options to change the way this behaves. If this chase is supposed to be fired with a specific cue or cues, you might want to try firing the second cue list using a comment macro in a cue on the main cue list.

Good luck and have a great show!

Phil
Children
No Data
Related