Change of harddrive

My Hog3 wont start after i tried software update from V3.1.5

Brian Njie
Parents
  • Even if you remove the hard drive, it won't be easy to get your show files off of it unless you have a lot of Linux knowledge. The Hog3 uses a big-endian ext2 filesystem. To read showfiles, you'll either need a PowerPC linux computer, or configure an x86 system to byte swap the drive. If you get that working, you might be able to read your backup showfiles (.tar.gz files). If you don't have .tar.gz files, you'll have to work with the uncompressed version of the data, which can be quite cumbersome.

This isn't something we officially support, I'm just trying to give you some pointers that might help you out.

You may have more luck using the "Upgrade Software" option. Hold down the Enter key and turn on the console. Put the software ISO image in the CD drive. This should re-install the OS on the OS partition, without modifying your show data partition.
  • Even if you remove the hard drive, it won't be easy to get your show files off of it unless you have a lot of Linux knowledge. The Hog3 uses a big-endian ext2 filesystem. To read showfiles, you'll either need a PowerPC linux computer, or configure an x86 system to byte swap the drive. If you get that working, you might be able to read your backup showfiles (.tar.gz files). If you don't have .tar.gz files, you'll have to work with the uncompressed version of the data, which can be quite cumbersome.

This isn't something we officially support, I'm just trying to give you some pointers that might help you out.

You may have more luck using the "Upgrade Software" option. Hold down the Enter key and turn on the console. Put the software ISO image in the CD drive. This should re-install the OS on the OS partition, without modifying your show data partition.
Children
No Data
Related