Updating Fixture Library to V4.1 on Hog III

I'm trying to update the fixture library in my Hog III (V 3.1.7), and I can't seem to find how to upgrade it ANYWHERE. Searching the forums pointed me to the chapter 13.9 in the manual, but that just talks about merging libraries, not updating them.

I'm not looking to merge to a current show file; just update to the current release, so when i go to patch the fixtures, it goes straight to Version 4.1 (current library in console is V.4)

I've burned it to a CD...when i unzip it it errors out on console, and when i don't unzip it, it doesnt see the tar.gz file.

And I'm on a Mac...
Parents
  • Merging libraries is the only way to update an existing show.
    You will want to be careful not to import an entire library into an existing show as this will create a whole bunch of issues......just update the profiles you need.

A better way to do this is to launch a new show with the new library and then merge in all of you old show data (this will require a re-patch though).

If you have a newer library you simply copy the zip file into the "libraries" folder on the console. Don't try to unzip it. Then try to launch a new show using that library.

A word of caution when using Mac....they have an annoying tendency to strip off file externsions, so be sure that the file on the CD is in fact "xxxxx.hog3lib.tar.gz" or it will not work.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Merging libraries is the only way to update an existing show.
    You will want to be careful not to import an entire library into an existing show as this will create a whole bunch of issues......just update the profiles you need.

A better way to do this is to launch a new show with the new library and then merge in all of you old show data (this will require a re-patch though).

If you have a newer library you simply copy the zip file into the "libraries" folder on the console. Don't try to unzip it. Then try to launch a new show using that library.

A word of caution when using Mac....they have an annoying tendency to strip off file externsions, so be sure that the file on the CD is in fact "xxxxx.hog3lib.tar.gz" or it will not work.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related