Programming for a concert - most effective way?

Hi guys,

I'm actually organising a 'small' concert (250 persons) and will be the one who operate the RoadHog this friday. I worked a bit with it this summer, so I know the basics of the basics of the Hog OS 3 but still a few question…

I just got the set lists of the four bands but will have the RoadHog not before friday, so I will have to program these light shows in like 6 hours.. I know almost impossible.

It's a really 'small' concert with just 6 Martin MAC 250, a few LED parcans and one Hazer.

So, having only 10 playback faders… how would you program it?
What do you think about like setting the the intensity channels of the two fixture types on two faders?
Is it possible and how can I can record cuelists in a 'palette'?
Would you put everything in one show or load a new show every time the stage is being rearranged for the next band (only like 5 minutes brake between the two first bands, then 30 minutes brake, and finally again a 5 minute brake between the two last bands).?

Regards,

Max
Parents
  • On all of these keep in mind you are programming just the parameters you want on those faders. Another way of saying it is, only touch the things in the programmer that need to go in the fader.

So,

Fader 1, Cue 1
    Intensity at 100% and fixtures in a nice position

Fader 1, Cue 2
    Next "nice" position
    (you were careful to only touch position)

Fader 1, Cue 3
    next position

Keep doing this for all the positions you want, or come back later during the show/s and add more.

Now here's the critical part, CLEAR THE CONSOLE!

Use Fader 1 to bring up the fixtures in a position.
    Bring the same fixtures into the programmer.

Fader 2, Cue 1
    Color 1 (only Color touched)

Fader 2, Cue 2
    Color 2

And so on.

A couple of tricks...

When you record the gobos you'll need to record the other wheel to be open. Like if cues 1-9 are gobos from wheel 1 then gobo wheel 2 needs to be touched in those cues as Open. And the reverse for gobos from wheel 2. Also, record the rotate as 0rpm on the first cue.

For the Gobo Rotate fader, record the gobo wheel 1 rotate at say 200 rpm as cue 1. Then go into options and set the fader as IPCB.

For the prism rotate record 1 cue witht the prism in and at the top speed you might want. Then set it for IPCB too.

For the Pan/Tilt Effects try choosing something like Circle from the Effects Pallet, set the size and speed at reasonable settings. When you record it do this; RECORD EFFECT, then select from the right monitor USE E. Now it will apply the effect to whatever position you are in on Fader 1.

Phew, that will keep you busy for a while. ;)
  • On all of these keep in mind you are programming just the parameters you want on those faders. Another way of saying it is, only touch the things in the programmer that need to go in the fader.

So,

Fader 1, Cue 1
    Intensity at 100% and fixtures in a nice position

Fader 1, Cue 2
    Next "nice" position
    (you were careful to only touch position)

Fader 1, Cue 3
    next position

Keep doing this for all the positions you want, or come back later during the show/s and add more.

Now here's the critical part, CLEAR THE CONSOLE!

Use Fader 1 to bring up the fixtures in a position.
    Bring the same fixtures into the programmer.

Fader 2, Cue 1
    Color 1 (only Color touched)

Fader 2, Cue 2
    Color 2

And so on.

A couple of tricks...

When you record the gobos you'll need to record the other wheel to be open. Like if cues 1-9 are gobos from wheel 1 then gobo wheel 2 needs to be touched in those cues as Open. And the reverse for gobos from wheel 2. Also, record the rotate as 0rpm on the first cue.

For the Gobo Rotate fader, record the gobo wheel 1 rotate at say 200 rpm as cue 1. Then go into options and set the fader as IPCB.

For the prism rotate record 1 cue witht the prism in and at the top speed you might want. Then set it for IPCB too.

For the Pan/Tilt Effects try choosing something like Circle from the Effects Pallet, set the size and speed at reasonable settings. When you record it do this; RECORD EFFECT, then select from the right monitor USE E. Now it will apply the effect to whatever position you are in on Fader 1.

Phew, that will keep you busy for a while. ;)
Children
No Data
Related