Programming for a concert - most effective way?

Hi guys,

I'm actually organising a 'small' concert (250 persons) and will be the one who operate the RoadHog this friday. I worked a bit with it this summer, so I know the basics of the basics of the Hog OS 3 but still a few question…

I just got the set lists of the four bands but will have the RoadHog not before friday, so I will have to program these light shows in like 6 hours.. I know almost impossible.

It's a really 'small' concert with just 6 Martin MAC 250, a few LED parcans and one Hazer.

So, having only 10 playback faders… how would you program it?
What do you think about like setting the the intensity channels of the two fixture types on two faders?
Is it possible and how can I can record cuelists in a 'palette'?
Would you put everything in one show or load a new show every time the stage is being rearranged for the next band (only like 5 minutes brake between the two first bands, then 30 minutes brake, and finally again a 5 minute brake between the two last bands).?

Regards,

Max
Parents
  • I like to use the scene window for busking as well that way you can have special looks and can jump right to a look or position or color or combination.

So record scenes with only one parameter, so scenes for each position, color pan/tilt effect and gobo. Then maybe some specials like: pos:guitar right/color:open white/gobo:fan/gobo spin: slow , for a guitar solo type thing or whatever.

Then I do believe that your ICBP faders will still control spin rate etc once they are moved. But Im not 100%.

If your hazer is DMX controlled you'll want scenes for that too so it doesnt take up a fader. SO a 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% most likely. Or just on and off .

Also you'll want a fixture strobe playback on one of the faders.

One more point, its nice to set "go on flash" on in the master options on faders that have cue-stacks on them so you can just hit the flash button to cycle through them. (Double-tap Choose, hit options, master, scroll down) Thats also where you'll make the fader into an ICPB for those gobo spin and pan/tilt playbacks.

Just my humble opinion but I'm a relative noob and have questions open on this forum so i'm certainly no expert.:)
  • I like to use the scene window for busking as well that way you can have special looks and can jump right to a look or position or color or combination.

So record scenes with only one parameter, so scenes for each position, color pan/tilt effect and gobo. Then maybe some specials like: pos:guitar right/color:open white/gobo:fan/gobo spin: slow , for a guitar solo type thing or whatever.

Then I do believe that your ICBP faders will still control spin rate etc once they are moved. But Im not 100%.

If your hazer is DMX controlled you'll want scenes for that too so it doesnt take up a fader. SO a 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% most likely. Or just on and off .

Also you'll want a fixture strobe playback on one of the faders.

One more point, its nice to set "go on flash" on in the master options on faders that have cue-stacks on them so you can just hit the flash button to cycle through them. (Double-tap Choose, hit options, master, scroll down) Thats also where you'll make the fader into an ICPB for those gobo spin and pan/tilt playbacks.

Just my humble opinion but I'm a relative noob and have questions open on this forum so i'm certainly no expert.:)
Children
No Data
Related