Programming for a concert - most effective way?

Hi guys,

I'm actually organising a 'small' concert (250 persons) and will be the one who operate the RoadHog this friday. I worked a bit with it this summer, so I know the basics of the basics of the Hog OS 3 but still a few question…

I just got the set lists of the four bands but will have the RoadHog not before friday, so I will have to program these light shows in like 6 hours.. I know almost impossible.

It's a really 'small' concert with just 6 Martin MAC 250, a few LED parcans and one Hazer.

So, having only 10 playback faders… how would you program it?
What do you think about like setting the the intensity channels of the two fixture types on two faders?
Is it possible and how can I can record cuelists in a 'palette'?
Would you put everything in one show or load a new show every time the stage is being rearranged for the next band (only like 5 minutes brake between the two first bands, then 30 minutes brake, and finally again a 5 minute brake between the two last bands).?

Regards,

Max
Parents
  • A couple ways around the page changes blacking out your stage are:

Using Template pages- If there are several playbacks you use on every page i.e. Mover intesity, PAR intensity, Strobe etc you can build a page with those on them and hit "use current page as template" at the top if the page window. Then those playbacks will show up on every page as long as the page doesnt have a playback there already. The template pages playbacks wont change value when you change pages. But make sure all your subsequent pages leave those playback slots blank, otherwise they will cover the template ones

another is:
    Capture page activity- You can set your faders to any value you like (even released) and hit "capture page activity" on the top of the page window. After that, any time the page is loaded the values you "saved" will automatically output from the playacks.

If you separate the intensity playbacks from position, color, and effect playbacks you can save the intensity at 100% or 0% or whatever you'll most likely be at when you change pages.

However, the color, position and effects playbacks will have released from your other page and playback whatever you save the activity as on the new page.

good luck!
  • A couple ways around the page changes blacking out your stage are:

Using Template pages- If there are several playbacks you use on every page i.e. Mover intesity, PAR intensity, Strobe etc you can build a page with those on them and hit "use current page as template" at the top if the page window. Then those playbacks will show up on every page as long as the page doesnt have a playback there already. The template pages playbacks wont change value when you change pages. But make sure all your subsequent pages leave those playback slots blank, otherwise they will cover the template ones

another is:
    Capture page activity- You can set your faders to any value you like (even released) and hit "capture page activity" on the top of the page window. After that, any time the page is loaded the values you "saved" will automatically output from the playacks.

If you separate the intensity playbacks from position, color, and effect playbacks you can save the intensity at 100% or 0% or whatever you'll most likely be at when you change pages.

However, the color, position and effects playbacks will have released from your other page and playback whatever you save the activity as on the new page.

good luck!
Children
No Data
Related