3.1.8 dp8000 update problem

We couldn´t update our dp8k with hog3 and 3.1.8 software.
Forcing update by pressing buttons at startup didn´t help.
Tried with crosscable and switch, no difference.
The dp8k just ran thru a text loop and ended up waiting for update command. Hog3 tried to update the dp8k (as it should), but the dp never got the new software. The textloop in dp8k screen is very fast, but at the end it says that something "FAILED". And after this just endlesly new update suggestions after dp8k loop and the same again and again.

Luckily we had also a Full Boar with 3.1.8.
We connected dp8k to full boar with crosscable (same cable we tried with hog3) and update was succesfull with first try.

After this when both hog3 and dp8k had the same software the system works just fine.

Both hog3 and fullboar have automatical ip settings and running dhcp etc etc... very basic setup.

Updating system has worked just fine up to version 3.1.7.
Parents
  • Our hog3 and dp8k also have some trouble finding each other at startup (for some time allready before 3.1.8).
    Dp just stays for a long time initializing network. This might take from a minute to 30 minutes or more. Usually after waiting 5-10 minutes we reboot the console. This sometimes helps but sometimes waiting is the only solution.

Now I finally had some time to try fixed ip address and not running DHCP.
    This helped and the network starts to work at once after hog3 show is started. This helps a lot at startup. Sometimes there just isn´t an extra half an hour for rebooting and waiting for system to wake up.

Is it possible that this has something to do with our console age (network card problem or something like that)?

Hog3 is dated to Nov 5, 2004.
    Dp8k is dated to Jan 4, 2010.

So I´m just wondering if this has also something to do with our software update problems?
  • Our hog3 and dp8k also have some trouble finding each other at startup (for some time allready before 3.1.8).
    Dp just stays for a long time initializing network. This might take from a minute to 30 minutes or more. Usually after waiting 5-10 minutes we reboot the console. This sometimes helps but sometimes waiting is the only solution.

Now I finally had some time to try fixed ip address and not running DHCP.
    This helped and the network starts to work at once after hog3 show is started. This helps a lot at startup. Sometimes there just isn´t an extra half an hour for rebooting and waiting for system to wake up.

Is it possible that this has something to do with our console age (network card problem or something like that)?

Hog3 is dated to Nov 5, 2004.
    Dp8k is dated to Jan 4, 2010.

So I´m just wondering if this has also something to do with our software update problems?
Children
No Data
Related