walky talky kills roadhog

...my motorola radio set occurs a fatal error, if i use it very close above the desk...it causes a crash and sometimes, it need more restarts, because the outputs didn´t send anything after the first new start....it took a while to find this problem...maybe this information helps some of you....

regards from austria
Parents
  • I can speak for the original poster, but I've had cell phones and two-way radios crash all kinds of consoles over the years (both Hogs and others). Your best bet is to keep them several feet apart and let the inverse square law work for you. Some consoles are more prone to having problems than others, but you can never be sure.

At a theater I used to work at, there was one designer who insisted our console was failing because it crashed all the time. No one else ever had a problem. I realized during tech one night that he'd set his cell phone on the submasters while he was writing cues. The cell phone checking in with the tower would sometimes crash the console. Once he moved the phone a few feet away the problem went away.
  • I can speak for the original poster, but I've had cell phones and two-way radios crash all kinds of consoles over the years (both Hogs and others). Your best bet is to keep them several feet apart and let the inverse square law work for you. Some consoles are more prone to having problems than others, but you can never be sure.

At a theater I used to work at, there was one designer who insisted our console was failing because it crashed all the time. No one else ever had a problem. I realized during tech one night that he'd set his cell phone on the submasters while he was writing cues. The cell phone checking in with the tower would sometimes crash the console. Once he moved the phone a few feet away the problem went away.
Children
No Data
Related