Back to the Hog

After not using this platform on any sizable shows, I have it on one. Trying to drive 36 ColorBlaze 72s in Mode A (36 Channels) and they respond very slowly.
Tried both the RGB generic profile as well as the Color Kinetics ColorBlast profile. Cannot find a fixture profile for the Colorblazes that lets me use them as a single fixture. Have tried various DP2000 configurations to try and make them respond in a reasonable time, including spreading universes over the spare DP200's, with no effect. Using Full Boar v3.1.8, 4x DP2000. Any suggestions? Am I missing something basic here?
Parents
  • Greetings all,
    So as we all have found out now, the DP2k is not going to drive that many channels, HTP or otherwise. The inherent problem is that the onsite first time user goes into this blind (us). We consulted the forums, and found little info, as this is a system issue most users know already. I understand that if the solution is to use the DP8k, or to switch the DP2k to artnet mode to drive any sizeable show, why is this not in big bold letters at the top of everything related to DP2k.
    We have left the show in it's current configuration as we are in the middle of shows, but lesson learned.
    And lastly a recommendation to the developers of this platform. The shops and users will send out and use what is ordered, it is up to those who manufacture/market the product to make the end user aware of the limitations of the product, even if means losing a little face in the process. It will pay off in the end. Or (insert sarcasm font) you can just do a trade in on the DP2000s and get them off the street.
  • Greetings all,
    So as we all have found out now, the DP2k is not going to drive that many channels, HTP or otherwise. The inherent problem is that the onsite first time user goes into this blind (us). We consulted the forums, and found little info, as this is a system issue most users know already. I understand that if the solution is to use the DP8k, or to switch the DP2k to artnet mode to drive any sizeable show, why is this not in big bold letters at the top of everything related to DP2k.
    We have left the show in it's current configuration as we are in the middle of shows, but lesson learned.
    And lastly a recommendation to the developers of this platform. The shops and users will send out and use what is ordered, it is up to those who manufacture/market the product to make the end user aware of the limitations of the product, even if means losing a little face in the process. It will pay off in the end. Or (insert sarcasm font) you can just do a trade in on the DP2000s and get them off the street.
Children
No Data
Related