Anyone interested in OSC control??

So, as you know, I like to play with different controls for the Hog (iPhone, iPad, etc) and recently discovered the uses of OSC control.

I've been using OSCTouch for the iPhone and iPad. On top of that, I've been using OSCulator to transcode the OSC commands into MIDI notes. Would anyone be interested in playing with this setup????

The nice thing is that is DOES NOT require running Hog3PC as a client. There are options for both PC and MAC. I have an EMU USB->Midi box on my MAC and it connects MIDI directly to the console. You do have to be on the same network between the MAC and iPad/iPhone.

[ATTACH]2097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2101[/ATTACH]
Parents
  • TouchOSC has just released v1.7.

hexler.net/docs/touchosc

In this new version, you can send MIDI messages directly from the TouchOSC screen. This means that you will no longer need to use OSCulator or PureData to transcode the OSC to MIDI.

There are MIDI solutions for both Mac and PC. PC requires a freeware download to map the MIDI to the USB->MIDI device. The Mac already has the MIDI Audio Setup in the system so no further download is necessary.

I will be modifying my current TouchOSC displays to send the MIDI directly but it will probably take a few days to get it posted here.

Just wanted you all to know...
  • TouchOSC has just released v1.7.

hexler.net/docs/touchosc

In this new version, you can send MIDI messages directly from the TouchOSC screen. This means that you will no longer need to use OSCulator or PureData to transcode the OSC to MIDI.

There are MIDI solutions for both Mac and PC. PC requires a freeware download to map the MIDI to the USB->MIDI device. The Mac already has the MIDI Audio Setup in the system so no further download is necessary.

I will be modifying my current TouchOSC displays to send the MIDI directly but it will probably take a few days to get it posted here.

Just wanted you all to know...
Children
No Data
Related