Anyone interested in OSC control??

So, as you know, I like to play with different controls for the Hog (iPhone, iPad, etc) and recently discovered the uses of OSC control.

I've been using OSCTouch for the iPhone and iPad. On top of that, I've been using OSCulator to transcode the OSC commands into MIDI notes. Would anyone be interested in playing with this setup????

The nice thing is that is DOES NOT require running Hog3PC as a client. There are options for both PC and MAC. I have an EMU USB->Midi box on my MAC and it connects MIDI directly to the console. You do have to be on the same network between the MAC and iPad/iPhone.

[ATTACH]2097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2101[/ATTACH]
Parents
  • Hi Jon,

I've got everything up and running at the moment,

TouchOSC on the Ipad with your layout

RtpMidi on my laptop with a session named HOG3 and the ipad is connected.

I've checked with Midi-Ox that the laptop sees incoming midi and in fact it does see midi data coming in. (see printscreen)

A HOG-PC show opened and in network selected the midi input and output as HOG3 ( i guess thats the rtpmidi session?)

Midi notes in is on and the chanels are mapped the way you describe:
    Ch. 1 - Nothing
    Ch. 2 - Programming Keys
    Ch. 3 - Playback Bar functions
    Ch. 4 - Comment Macros

but as for now I see nothing happening in Hog-pc.. is there maybe anything im doing wrong? i provided some printscreens (in flicker, see below), maybe you could find something i'm doing wrong.

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392067779/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068013/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068227/

thanks in advance!

greetings,

Danny
  • Hi Jon,

I've got everything up and running at the moment,

TouchOSC on the Ipad with your layout

RtpMidi on my laptop with a session named HOG3 and the ipad is connected.

I've checked with Midi-Ox that the laptop sees incoming midi and in fact it does see midi data coming in. (see printscreen)

A HOG-PC show opened and in network selected the midi input and output as HOG3 ( i guess thats the rtpmidi session?)

Midi notes in is on and the chanels are mapped the way you describe:
    Ch. 1 - Nothing
    Ch. 2 - Programming Keys
    Ch. 3 - Playback Bar functions
    Ch. 4 - Comment Macros

but as for now I see nothing happening in Hog-pc.. is there maybe anything im doing wrong? i provided some printscreens (in flicker, see below), maybe you could find something i'm doing wrong.

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392067779/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068013/

www.flickr.com/photos/70411917@N06/6392068227/

thanks in advance!

greetings,

Danny
Children
No Data
Related