Timecode show jumping to the end

I have a show that has been running on the same console every week for 7 years and it has been run on almost every version of the Hog 3 in that time. Currently we are running 3.1.9 I started having issues at version 3.1.8. Sometimes when running the show the console will jump to the last timecoded cue in the show, it has done this three times at completely different times in the show, beginning middle and toward the end. Incoming timecode has not changed and comes from a Tascam 2424. What could cause this and how to prevent it. This is very dangerous becauase the last cue in the show that it always jumps to fires confetti.
Parents
  • David,

You said "This is very dangerous becauase the last cue in the show that it always jumps to fires confetti."

I understand that your show has been running for many years, but please be aware that it is not standard practice to operate non-lighting hazardous systems via DMX. In fact the DMX specification warns against this. If you are going to use DMX to trigger something like this, it is suggested that a "dead-man" switch is used within the system to require human interaction before the trigger can occur.

I just wanted to make this clear for yourself and others who may be reading this thread.

thank you for your understanding,
  • David,

You said "This is very dangerous becauase the last cue in the show that it always jumps to fires confetti."

I understand that your show has been running for many years, but please be aware that it is not standard practice to operate non-lighting hazardous systems via DMX. In fact the DMX specification warns against this. If you are going to use DMX to trigger something like this, it is suggested that a "dead-man" switch is used within the system to require human interaction before the trigger can occur.

I just wanted to make this clear for yourself and others who may be reading this thread.

thank you for your understanding,
Children
No Data
Related