Timecode show jumping to the end

I have a show that has been running on the same console every week for 7 years and it has been run on almost every version of the Hog 3 in that time. Currently we are running 3.1.9 I started having issues at version 3.1.8. Sometimes when running the show the console will jump to the last timecoded cue in the show, it has done this three times at completely different times in the show, beginning middle and toward the end. Incoming timecode has not changed and comes from a Tascam 2424. What could cause this and how to prevent it. This is very dangerous becauase the last cue in the show that it always jumps to fires confetti.
Parents
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue sporatically with my Road Hog console running SMPTE 30 over LTC widget. The playback will snap to the last cue containing a timecode value. It only happens at one of two times (the show has two timecoded segments, and for the section between them another cueslist is run manually), and both of those are when timecode has just been enabled on the list. It never occurs in the middle of a timecoded segment, only when timecode starts up after a period of being stopped. This issue seems to occur most often only in the second or later show after the console is booted. Also there seems to be no way to predict when it will or will not go wrong, sometimes it goes a month between occurences and sometimes it is twice in the same week.

The console is running 3.2.1 although the issue was present before that upgrade I believe. My "Jump after" setting is 60 frames to give SMPTE plenty of time to stabilize and also I have tried more than one LTC widget with no difference.

It is a nuisance because the first cue in each segment is a slow fade up and only with a couple of lights, whereas the last cue in the show is the brightest state of the whole show so essentially it blasts the whole audience with bright light and completely ruins the opening of the show because it takes a few seconds to correct it each time.

Any advice/assistance in any form would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue sporatically with my Road Hog console running SMPTE 30 over LTC widget. The playback will snap to the last cue containing a timecode value. It only happens at one of two times (the show has two timecoded segments, and for the section between them another cueslist is run manually), and both of those are when timecode has just been enabled on the list. It never occurs in the middle of a timecoded segment, only when timecode starts up after a period of being stopped. This issue seems to occur most often only in the second or later show after the console is booted. Also there seems to be no way to predict when it will or will not go wrong, sometimes it goes a month between occurences and sometimes it is twice in the same week.

The console is running 3.2.1 although the issue was present before that upgrade I believe. My "Jump after" setting is 60 frames to give SMPTE plenty of time to stabilize and also I have tried more than one LTC widget with no difference.

It is a nuisance because the first cue in each segment is a slow fade up and only with a couple of lights, whereas the last cue in the show is the brightest state of the whole show so essentially it blasts the whole audience with bright light and completely ruins the opening of the show because it takes a few seconds to correct it each time.

Any advice/assistance in any form would be greatly appreciated.
Children
No Data
Related