Any news for DMX test??

Any news for DMX test??
Parents
  • Is there any way to expedite the process by first making DMX test available to generic fixtures like desk channels?

I understand the complications with the abstraction layer, but I personally am not in need a feature to just bring up the DMX channel for a gobo wheel on a Studio Spot per say. I'd be perfectly happy with just a soft key that says 'Address'

Of course I pull all the usual tricks out like patching the 4th universe 1-to-1 and re-plugging DMX, or even bringing out another much less expensive console to just use while wringing out a conventional lighting rig.

Everything is prioritized, which is completely understandable. But for me, and other theatre programmers, being able to bring up a specific dimmer is more important than putting colors on the palettes. What's important is just a matter of who you ask.

I love the Hog, and it makes me sad to say that a handful of consoles weren't sold to various projects I've worked on for lacking a "simple" feature like this.

Regards,
    Kirk Fitzgerald
  • Is there any way to expedite the process by first making DMX test available to generic fixtures like desk channels?

I understand the complications with the abstraction layer, but I personally am not in need a feature to just bring up the DMX channel for a gobo wheel on a Studio Spot per say. I'd be perfectly happy with just a soft key that says 'Address'

Of course I pull all the usual tricks out like patching the 4th universe 1-to-1 and re-plugging DMX, or even bringing out another much less expensive console to just use while wringing out a conventional lighting rig.

Everything is prioritized, which is completely understandable. But for me, and other theatre programmers, being able to bring up a specific dimmer is more important than putting colors on the palettes. What's important is just a matter of who you ask.

I love the Hog, and it makes me sad to say that a handful of consoles weren't sold to various projects I've worked on for lacking a "simple" feature like this.

Regards,
    Kirk Fitzgerald
Children
No Data
Related