RGB LED issue (b2901 3.1.8)

I'm having an issue with my RGB LED's. (Using Generic RGB LED profile)

If I change the color live in the programmer, all seems fine. However, if I do it in blind (and use PIG+BLIND for timing) or in cues, there are some strange anomalies that are happening.

Example:
Cue 1 - LEDs in Amber at 58%
Cue 2 - LEDs change to Congo (just changing color)

Have cue 1 running....

Now, press BLIND
Select LED's
Select another color (Congo for example)...no intensity selected
Color Time 5 Enter
Pig+Blind

The LEDs will drop intensity in a 0 count and then fade to the color in the programmer restoring the intensity. Even with Intensity in the programmer at 58% (matching the cue), I still get the intensity drop.

I doesn't show this in the output window, but if you open the DMX window, you can see it doing it. Coming out of the programmer (Pig+Blind again) it will fade properly. I have tried everything I can think of to get it NOT to do it, but I can't get around it. The only thing I've been able to do is take the intensity out, delay the color in a 0 count and restore the color. I don't think I should have to be doing this.

Any ideas....
Parents
  • I always stay CMY Marty. It's really bizarre. And, I noticed yesterday, if the fixtures are at FULL, I never see this problem. It's only if they are at a lower intensity (which is probably why I haven't seen it before now).

I've been running about 30 Colorblasts for years without seeing this (but they are always at full). For Easter, I added 18 Colorblazes in 12-circuit mode (aka lots of channels). 14 of them run at full so I didn't see it there. It was only once I added the 4 in the camera shot that had to run at 58% that I saw this.

The other weird part is that the output window (and the cue editors) doesn't show the jump. I only see it if I'm watching the DMX window (which is what was frustrating me trying to find the problem).

I haven't loaded 3.1.9 out here on the main console yet....had to get through Easter first.
  • I always stay CMY Marty. It's really bizarre. And, I noticed yesterday, if the fixtures are at FULL, I never see this problem. It's only if they are at a lower intensity (which is probably why I haven't seen it before now).

I've been running about 30 Colorblasts for years without seeing this (but they are always at full). For Easter, I added 18 Colorblazes in 12-circuit mode (aka lots of channels). 14 of them run at full so I didn't see it there. It was only once I added the 4 in the camera shot that had to run at 58% that I saw this.

The other weird part is that the output window (and the cue editors) doesn't show the jump. I only see it if I'm watching the DMX window (which is what was frustrating me trying to find the problem).

I haven't loaded 3.1.9 out here on the main console yet....had to get through Easter first.
Children
No Data
Related