Cue Only

I would really love to have the "Cue Only " option for each cue and not by cuelist.

Thanks
Parents
  • First I suggest that everyone reads the ETC whitepaper www.etcconnect.com/img/whitepapers/White_Paper_Control_Philosophy_revA.pdf about tracking and preset consoles and watch this video
    m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=apOIpRtzKg0

Like I said it is pretty hard to make tracking console to work like a preset console, cause every cue in tracking console is a sum of the data of the cue + the data from previous cues (state),
    I'm not saying what Steph is looking for isn't possible.
    When we have Cue Only in list activated, it means that the values not in the next cue are released.
    If we have Cue Only option in a cue like Steph is asking, it raises some questions.
    I think Steph wants to have a simple preset inserted in a list between cues. So it contains no data from previous cues and doesn't cause any tracking to following cues.
    This means different values from previous cue has to be released/the state isn't calculated and the values of the "Cue Only" cue has to be released/are not calclated in the next cue

Questions:
    Are we looking here a skip tracking option? -> the cue has no data from previous cues and causes no tracking to following.
    What happens when option is turned off. What happens to the following cues?(I think this is the point where strange things will happen)
    We must remember that if we have for example three cues the third cue has information from the first and the second.
    Also the data is not the only problem, cause we have to think also how the fades would work.
    Will the fades from previous cues continue in this "Cue Only" cue?

Marty,
    Turning forward off does not make a tracking console work like a non-tracking preset console.
    It works only when editing and what it actually does it records values to next cue so that it looks like values are not tracked. Those values are recorded data and can affect how things look in various situations. In a preset console the forward off happens just because there's no data in the next cue.
    Also, it doesn't remove the fact that the last cue is a sum of recorded data and the data from previous cues (state).
    In a preset console the cues contain only the recorded data. So when you record the last cue in the list, it looks just as the data you recorded. It gets nothing from previous cues.
    In Hog3 the Cue Only list option simulates this by releasing the values that would track to next cue.
    ... what I'm trying to say is that we should not mix things here.
    The Cue Only option is to make a list to work as a list in a preset console, but forward off (cue only recording) is just a way of editing cues.

This talking about Cue Only and tracking makes me also wonder when we will have a possibility to record off values? When it gets fully implemented?

Sorry my bad English... but I really hope you understood at least a bit what I'm trying to say.
  • First I suggest that everyone reads the ETC whitepaper www.etcconnect.com/img/whitepapers/White_Paper_Control_Philosophy_revA.pdf about tracking and preset consoles and watch this video
    m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=apOIpRtzKg0

Like I said it is pretty hard to make tracking console to work like a preset console, cause every cue in tracking console is a sum of the data of the cue + the data from previous cues (state),
    I'm not saying what Steph is looking for isn't possible.
    When we have Cue Only in list activated, it means that the values not in the next cue are released.
    If we have Cue Only option in a cue like Steph is asking, it raises some questions.
    I think Steph wants to have a simple preset inserted in a list between cues. So it contains no data from previous cues and doesn't cause any tracking to following cues.
    This means different values from previous cue has to be released/the state isn't calculated and the values of the "Cue Only" cue has to be released/are not calclated in the next cue

Questions:
    Are we looking here a skip tracking option? -> the cue has no data from previous cues and causes no tracking to following.
    What happens when option is turned off. What happens to the following cues?(I think this is the point where strange things will happen)
    We must remember that if we have for example three cues the third cue has information from the first and the second.
    Also the data is not the only problem, cause we have to think also how the fades would work.
    Will the fades from previous cues continue in this "Cue Only" cue?

Marty,
    Turning forward off does not make a tracking console work like a non-tracking preset console.
    It works only when editing and what it actually does it records values to next cue so that it looks like values are not tracked. Those values are recorded data and can affect how things look in various situations. In a preset console the forward off happens just because there's no data in the next cue.
    Also, it doesn't remove the fact that the last cue is a sum of recorded data and the data from previous cues (state).
    In a preset console the cues contain only the recorded data. So when you record the last cue in the list, it looks just as the data you recorded. It gets nothing from previous cues.
    In Hog3 the Cue Only list option simulates this by releasing the values that would track to next cue.
    ... what I'm trying to say is that we should not mix things here.
    The Cue Only option is to make a list to work as a list in a preset console, but forward off (cue only recording) is just a way of editing cues.

This talking about Cue Only and tracking makes me also wonder when we will have a possibility to record off values? When it gets fully implemented?

Sorry my bad English... but I really hope you understood at least a bit what I'm trying to say.
Children
No Data
Related