MIDI control...How do I get started

I am trying to get started using MIDI/MSC. I have read, researched, and tried nearly everything I have found on the forums and I am getting absolutely nowhere.

1. How do I get started?
2. I want to sync with music more than just using the "Learn Timing" feature. We use a lot of click tracks and I would like to get the clicks/loops to trigger a cuelist and keep the cues in sync throughout. How would I get that programmed?
3. I have tried to use MIDI control through Pro Tools, no luck. We use Logic for clicks/loops and would just like the computer on stage to trigger the console with the clicks/loops.
4. I just don't get it and would like to. Christmas show programming is coming up in a few months and would like to make it all work seemlessly.
5. Is it possible for MIDI to start whatever cue at the appropriate time should they start somewhere in the middle of a song?

Whatever help you may help me understand a little more. I have read the console manual, midi.org, the forums, Pro Tools software manual, etc. and I am spinning my wheels on this.

Thanks,
Eric
Parents
  • These posts have a lot of great info. I am new to the whole midi world, but I am looking at doing the opposite of what most of you are looking at. Instead of using click tracks to trigger something in Hog, I want to use Hog to trigger an event on a computer. We have a versatube rig that we run to a mac running G-Force, which is a visualizer creator. I am trying to figure out a way to send a command from the Hog to execute a script in G-Force. Right now, we have two seperate operators, which doesn't create a cohesive look. I am on a Hog3PC. Any help would be great.
  • These posts have a lot of great info. I am new to the whole midi world, but I am looking at doing the opposite of what most of you are looking at. Instead of using click tracks to trigger something in Hog, I want to use Hog to trigger an event on a computer. We have a versatube rig that we run to a mac running G-Force, which is a visualizer creator. I am trying to figure out a way to send a command from the Hog to execute a script in G-Force. Right now, we have two seperate operators, which doesn't create a cohesive look. I am on a Hog3PC. Any help would be great.
Children
No Data
Related