MIDI control...How do I get started

I am trying to get started using MIDI/MSC. I have read, researched, and tried nearly everything I have found on the forums and I am getting absolutely nowhere.

1. How do I get started?
2. I want to sync with music more than just using the "Learn Timing" feature. We use a lot of click tracks and I would like to get the clicks/loops to trigger a cuelist and keep the cues in sync throughout. How would I get that programmed?
3. I have tried to use MIDI control through Pro Tools, no luck. We use Logic for clicks/loops and would just like the computer on stage to trigger the console with the clicks/loops.
4. I just don't get it and would like to. Christmas show programming is coming up in a few months and would like to make it all work seemlessly.
5. Is it possible for MIDI to start whatever cue at the appropriate time should they start somewhere in the middle of a song?

Whatever help you may help me understand a little more. I have read the console manual, midi.org, the forums, Pro Tools software manual, etc. and I am spinning my wheels on this.

Thanks,
Eric
Parents
  • Well, looking at G-force, I don't see anything about MIDI implementation. This means you'd have to come up with some pretty spiffy MIDI to keystroke implementation in order to trigger G-Force.

I also found this software www.bome.com/products/miditranslator that seems to be PC that might work. I've never used it, so I honestly have no idea.

Normally when triggering things with Midi Show Control, there is a specific keystroke that needs to be sent. That is what goes in the Comment Macro slot.

For instance...to trigger List 204 Cue 1, the string is $F07F01020101310032303400F7.

That breaks down to a whole list of commands that the console understands.

Hope that makes sense...
  • Well, looking at G-force, I don't see anything about MIDI implementation. This means you'd have to come up with some pretty spiffy MIDI to keystroke implementation in order to trigger G-Force.

I also found this software www.bome.com/products/miditranslator that seems to be PC that might work. I've never used it, so I honestly have no idea.

Normally when triggering things with Midi Show Control, there is a specific keystroke that needs to be sent. That is what goes in the Comment Macro slot.

For instance...to trigger List 204 Cue 1, the string is $F07F01020101310032303400F7.

That breaks down to a whole list of commands that the console understands.

Hope that makes sense...
Children
No Data
Related