3.2 vs. Remote App

Hey,

are there any news about an iPhone / iPad Remote App in case of the 3.2 Update?

Marc
Parents
  • [QUOTE=bradpepe]We are currently studying the existing and emerging phone platforms to determine our best course of action for the majority of customers.

I'm guessing that means waiting to see if Microsoft can make any inroads into the phone market, since Nokia have just announced they've licensed off Symbian in favour of the Windows Phone 7 OS, or whatever they're calling it now. I'm also guessing it's probably easier to make a remote Hog3PC app run on a windows platform than an open source or Apple OS.

Unfortunately it just seems they've never really managed to figure out the mobile device sector, can you remember the last Microsoft device you had in your pocket?

Sorry to all Apple aficionados but the answer really has to be Android. By all accounts it's streaking past iOS devices in terms of unit sales and must surely be easier in terms of porting. Have you guys ever even made any software that runs natively on a Mac before? Does this even matter? I dunno...

But then again, why does it have to be one platform or the other? If Google and Steve Jobs are to be believed, apps are an absolute breeze to develop for their respective platforms, and porting is easier than falling off a log :rolleyes:

Again posting way too much, just saying: don't waste time waiting for Microsoft to perform miracles, especially with mobile devices, it's not their thing!
  • [QUOTE=bradpepe]We are currently studying the existing and emerging phone platforms to determine our best course of action for the majority of customers.

I'm guessing that means waiting to see if Microsoft can make any inroads into the phone market, since Nokia have just announced they've licensed off Symbian in favour of the Windows Phone 7 OS, or whatever they're calling it now. I'm also guessing it's probably easier to make a remote Hog3PC app run on a windows platform than an open source or Apple OS.

Unfortunately it just seems they've never really managed to figure out the mobile device sector, can you remember the last Microsoft device you had in your pocket?

Sorry to all Apple aficionados but the answer really has to be Android. By all accounts it's streaking past iOS devices in terms of unit sales and must surely be easier in terms of porting. Have you guys ever even made any software that runs natively on a Mac before? Does this even matter? I dunno...

But then again, why does it have to be one platform or the other? If Google and Steve Jobs are to be believed, apps are an absolute breeze to develop for their respective platforms, and porting is easier than falling off a log :rolleyes:

Again posting way too much, just saying: don't waste time waiting for Microsoft to perform miracles, especially with mobile devices, it's not their thing!
Children
No Data
Related