Hog 3 PC on Parallels, DP 8K not found

I've just installed 3.2 on Hog PC. I'm running Windows 7 64 in Parallels off a Macbook Pro. The issue I'm having is trying to get the DP8K I'm using to actually talk to Hog PC. Currently is sitting there initializing network, or searching for software. It won't actually join the show, or take a software upload.

It is running through a simple network switch.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Parents
  • When you run a virtual machine like parallels, the VM software has to run a virtual network switch internally to share one network port between the host OS and the VM, and then present an emulated network card to the guest OS. In my experience, these virtual switches are very unreliable, especially when it comes to multicast traffic. They simply don't get the multicast packets to and from the VM's emulated network card reliably.

Hog3pc is heavily dependent on multicast. This is a large part of why we don't recommend using virtual machines. You can sometimes get it to work with 3PC communicating with it's own pretend DP8000 on the same guest OS, but using physical DPs and other consoles is going to be troublesome at best.
  • When you run a virtual machine like parallels, the VM software has to run a virtual network switch internally to share one network port between the host OS and the VM, and then present an emulated network card to the guest OS. In my experience, these virtual switches are very unreliable, especially when it comes to multicast traffic. They simply don't get the multicast packets to and from the VM's emulated network card reliably.

Hog3pc is heavily dependent on multicast. This is a large part of why we don't recommend using virtual machines. You can sometimes get it to work with 3PC communicating with it's own pretend DP8000 on the same guest OS, but using physical DPs and other consoles is going to be troublesome at best.
Children
No Data
Related