Hog 3 PC on Parallels, DP 8K not found

I've just installed 3.2 on Hog PC. I'm running Windows 7 64 in Parallels off a Macbook Pro. The issue I'm having is trying to get the DP8K I'm using to actually talk to Hog PC. Currently is sitting there initializing network, or searching for software. It won't actually join the show, or take a software upload.

It is running through a simple network switch.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Parents
  • Different VM software calls things by different names, but "Bridging" is a virtual network switch. The software has to sort our which packets need to be delivered to which VM (exactly what a network switch does). It works very well for unicast and broadcast, but multicast historically has been hit or miss. It will sometimes work, sometimes not, depending on exactly what software and version you're running. It's supposed to be exactly like having a real network card for your VM, but it's not.

If you get it to work on one particular version: Great. But don't count on it.
  • Different VM software calls things by different names, but "Bridging" is a virtual network switch. The software has to sort our which packets need to be delivered to which VM (exactly what a network switch does). It works very well for unicast and broadcast, but multicast historically has been hit or miss. It will sometimes work, sometimes not, depending on exactly what software and version you're running. It's supposed to be exactly like having a real network card for your VM, but it's not.

If you get it to work on one particular version: Great. But don't count on it.
Children
No Data
Related